Try to relax and have a quiet evening. We also ask that you:
- Do NOT eat any solid food and limit your fluid intake after midnight. You may have a total of three ounces of clear liquids until three hours before your surgery. Examples of clear liquids include; water, fruit juice without pulp, clear tea, and black coffee.
- If you are on heart or blood pressure or anticholesterol medications, you should take them as you normally would.
- If your surgery is being done under local anesthesia, there are no restrictions on eating or drinking prior to your surgery unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- Parents of young children, please see intake instructions in the For Parents of Young Children section.
- Refrain from smoking, if possible.
- Take medication only as directed during your pre-surgery phone call. If you are an insulin-dependent diabetic, contact your physician regarding insulin for the day. If you take insulin, please bring it with you.
- Be sure to check with your physician as soon as possible if you take any products that contain aspirin or blood thinners. These may be discontinued up to a week before your procedure.
- Remove all make-up, nail polish, and all jewelry, including all body piercing jewelry, prior to your arrival.